Friday, January 3, 2014

Lace earring organizer

Happy New Year friends!!! Are you just going nuts trying to get your home cleaned and organized? I am!!! All of January's post I will be sharing how I am getting our house in shape for 2014!
Do you remember my Knobby Jewelry Organizer? Today I'm sharing how I store my earrings. 
I found this frame on a garage sale page for a whopping $3!!! Score! It is just hard plastic but I loved the shape and the little roses on it seemed perfectly romantic.
 
The picture just isn't my style so it's bu-bye in the trash. I saved the glass though, who knows when I'll think of something to do with it. 
Supplies:
Frame
Spray paint
Rub 'n buff
Lace
Hot glue

I wiped down the frame to have a clean surface to spray. I spray painted it with Krylon Island Splash. I thought it looked similar in color to the knobby jewelry organizer.


 
Then to highlight the roses I used some Silver leaf Rub 'n Buff.


To add the lace I just applied a small line of hot glue then using the eraser end of a pencil tapped the lace into the glue. The pencil really will save you from having burnt fingers-trust me (Youch!!) 
Then add your beautiful earrings and hang on your wall. 
Voila!!!


I love it!!!

 
Thanks for stopping by At Home with Sweet T!
-Tracy
Linking up here:

By Stephanie Lynn
The DIY Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment